Wednesday, December 3, 2008

3 things

#1 - the best thing happened to me this morning. My alarm went off at 6:50. I turned over and saw that Rob's alarm said 5:50. I checked my cell phone - 5:50. Sweet!

#2 - once again, I've lost the dang cord that attaches the camera to the computer, so we are back to blogging w/o pictures, which is boring to me. Plus, I took some really great pictures of me eating yummy chips and of our new wall art that I have been wanting to post.

#3 - Last night Rob and I were looking on the Deseret Books website, and it reminded me of how it used to feel living in Utah, being surrounded by church culture. 10 minutes ago, we happen upon lds.org to find that Elder Worthlin passed away. I feel so out of the loop. Rob and I read his talk for family night a couple of weeks ago. I recommend reading it, if you're like us, you may have been distracted by the difficult manner that he presented his talk and missed the wonderful lessons. Rob and I have made small steps to follow this counsel, in particular, "The next time you’re tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead. It will extend your life and make the lives of all those around you more enjoyable."

No comments: