Friday, August 14, 2009

crawdad anyone?

the other night dad and i went to ikea not to shop for lamps but to eat crayfish. it was ikea's third annual crayfish party, all you can eat. we went with peggy and dennis hartup and the green family. we arrived at ikea, found a spot in line and awaited to be let in and handed bibs and party hats. this event required tickets purchased in advance to control the crayfish eating mases. after we found our seat, i looked around and saw what people were bringing back to their tables. UMM...they had faces! i didn't think about that. i put all fear of creatures staring back at me aside and filled my plate. scary to open at first, a bit salty but pretty good.

dad waiting in line next to ikea wonders.
the mases

said creature staring back at me
dennis and dad






their remains. r.i.p.
how to open/eat a crayfish(crawdad)....we did all this minus the head juices sucking.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

Gross to the max.

I love the video, "Old Guy Uses Video Camera."

Natalie said...

wish I coulda been there, I love doing crazy things like this with dad. I cant believe you were so brave, good for you.

kaitlin said...

sickk i can't believe you did that!
sara g my roommate eats those alll the time in new orleans. like for thanksgiving i think.
okay maybe that was pushing it but alot.

Anonymous said...

You are very brave!!! Hope you didn't get the juice in your eye!! Loved the video.