Monday, May 19, 2014

May 10 on 10 - Dad

8AM - Had Clara and Leah for a sleepover because we are going on a field trip today.
Clara was up before Leah.  I guess Leah was not feeling well.
In the truck on the way to the nursery to get our hanging baskets.  We stopped at Denny's for breakfast.
Clara having fun at the nursery.  This place is 1.5 hours north near the Canadian border.
Lots of plants to choose from.  We picked four hanging baskets.
The baskets in place.  They will last the whole summer.
Went to the mall to get the pants I ordered online.
Going home I choose the wrong route.  Got stuck in Saturday afternoon mall traffic.
It was Swiss night at our home.  Monica set up this display for our guests.
We decorated the deck with a banner of Swiss flags.
One of our Christmas gifts last year was a raclette oven.  This is used to melt a special cheese and is served with all kinds of add-ons.  

Guests included Monica and Jachen (of course), Brent and Katie (friends of Monica and Jachen) and Dennis and Peggy Hartup (not pictured)

2 comments:

stephanie said...

I'm so glad you posted, it is great to see how your day went- what a fun day! What a great field trip for those girls to experience. I rember the baskets from last year. They look do great in the backyard.

I vote we do a Swiss night in August when we're home!

Natalie said...

thanks for posting, I always enjoy seeing photos of what you do when you have my girls with you! I second Steph's vote!